Michael P. DeVoe, Esq.
I know the law, so you don’t have to. Call me if you need answers. I have over 20 years of legal experience helping people just like you. The law… it’s what I do.
I attended Florida State University College of Law in 1995 where I was a member of Law Review and served as a judicial extern for the former Chief Justice of the Florida Supreme Court. I graduated with Honors and obtained my Juris Doctor in 1998.
I began my legal career as an associate at a statewide law firm; and, later, at an international law firm doing corporate and transactional work. I subsequently served as in-house Staff Attorney for a large private company and as in-house Corporate Counsel for its Fortune 500, publicly-traded parent company.
I obtained valuable litigation experience at the State Attorney’s Office where I worked as a trial attorney in the Ninth Judicial Circuit of Florida, which includes Orange County and Osceola County. I formed DeVoe Law Firm to provide quality family law and criminal defense legal services in Orlando, Kissimmee, Altamonte Springs, and the surrounding areas.
I am a member of the Executive Committee of the Orange County Bar Association’s Family Law Section; the Central Florida Family Law Inns of Court; and the Orange County Bar Association, including the Family Law Section and the Criminal Law Section. I participate as a volunteer at Orange County Teen Court and have served as a guest lecturer at a local university in Orlando, Florida.
- Assistant State Attorney – Trial Attorney
- In-House Counsel for Fortune 500 Company
- Attorney for internationally recognized law firm
- Jud. Extern for Chief Justice of Fla. Sup. Court
- Legislative Intern for Florida Senator
- Executive Comm. of Family Law Section (OCBA)
- Central Florida Family Law Inns of Court
- Orange County Bar Association
- Family Law Committee of the Florida Bar
- Criminal Law Committee of the Florida Bar
- Family Law Section of OCBA
- Criminal Law Section of OCBA
Admitted to Practice:
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Fla.
- Florida State University College of Law, With Honors, 1998
- Law Review
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Mortar Board